VERDE Client – Lightweight application that authenticates users’ and providers’ access to desktop sessions running on VERDE servers. The VERDE client protocol is optimized to provide the best user experience based on the end user location (LAN, WAN or branch location).
Distributed Connection Brokering – Provides dynamic routing of user sessions to the least busy and memory optimized VERDE server. Distributed Connection Brokering provides no single point of failure or choke point allowing greater availability and scalability.
Server Side Hypervisor – includes a KVM-based hypervisor optimized for Desktop Virtualization. The VERDE VDI™ hypervisor is the only portable hypervisor available today that works across clients and server, including branches. Hardware-assist (VT) based allows more desktops to run per CPU core and KSM [Kernel Shared Memory] for improved memory density.
Highlighted Capabilities Include:
- Completely stateless cluster servers increase scalability with Distributed Connection Brokering architecture
- Role- and task-based provisioning for VDI deployment modes
- Purpose-built solution runs on Windows, Linux, MAC workstations, Netbooks and PDAs.
- Multi-task capabilities enable users to launch more than one virtual desktop session simultaneously
- Support for SPICE high-def multimedia protocol and smart technology provisions the appropriate protocol (SPICE, RDP or NIX) based on the user connection and type of desktop for a rich PC experience
- Single console supports USB peripherals for online, offline and branch VDI users